The PSAAPG Virtual Convention will be held June 21-24, 2021!
• A virtual field trip lead by Dr. Richard Behl of CSU Long Beach on the evening of June 21
• Three technical sessions scheduled for the mornings of June 22, 23 and 24
• Bob Lindblom’s annual Honors and Awards session on the evening of June 23
The technical sessions include:
• A Regulatory and Environmental Geology session, including a panel discussion with the State Geologist Dr Steven Bohlen and William Bartling, recently retired CalGEM Chief Deputy, on the
future of petroleum geologists in California, plus a lecture on the use of the role of stratigraphy in the environmental industry by Rick Cramer, and additional technical presentations.
• A Monterey session with a lecture on age control in the Monterey and its relationship to climate change, plus several technical presentation including updates on the latest Monterey research
• A geochemistry session with Allegra Hosford Scheirer on the use of machine learning to enhance the understanding of petroleum systems, plus several technical presentations focusing on the coastal basins of California
Check the convention website for registration information