The California Energy Research Center (CERC) at California State University, Bakersfield is hosting a Carbon Sequestration Symposium on campus on April 29, 2022. This hybrid event includes both a live Webinar and a limited number of in-person participants. More information about the symposium, including a program listing speakers and panelists, is located on the CERC website at:
Please see the attached flyer for carbon sequestration talk hosted through Cal State Bakersfield on Friday at 1:30, March 18th. This talk is part of the Geology Department Spring Series Speaker. Dr. Qin He will speak on the very timely subject: Reservoir Simulation of CO2 Sequestration in Shale Reservoir. Use the link below to register.
Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 1-2 pm US Pacific Time
You can register for this event for free through the link below:
Please check out the Seismic Soundoff, the SEG Podcast [seg.org] for a series of conversations on applied geophysics.
Notification from SJGS:
Tuesday, December 14th, in collaboration with the Coast Geological Society featuring a talk by Daniel Limonadi, JPL titled “What is happening to our planet now and what will happen in the future? Current and future space based Earth observations and modelling efforts.”
Please RSVP below by 12:00 Noon, Monday, December 13th if you plan to attend in person at the American Legion Hall.
We are happy to be able to offer both in-person and virtual options for this talk. Here is the link for the zoom Meeting. CGS requests that if attending virtually (from home) that you kindly register in advance.
Good Morning PSAAPG – SJGS Members,
Please see below for upcoming hikes. The first one is coming up on Dec 16, 2021.
- Death Valley peaks and geology driving tour through Titus Cyn, Thursday, December 16, 2021, 3:00 PM to Sunday, December 19, 2021, 5:00 PM PST,
- Villager Peak Geo-hike, Santa Rosa Mtns, CA, Friday, January 21, 2022, 3:00 PM to Sunday, January 23, 2022, 5:00 PM PST,
- Cottonwood-Marble Canyons Loop, Death Valley, with some geology, Thursday, March 3, 2022, 12:00 PM to Sunday, March 6, 2022, 3:00 PM PST,
- Wednesday Sept 22 at noon: Below please find a flyer for our first Geology Fall Seminar Series presenter, Dr. Julie Griffin, speaking on Orbital Forcing of Precipitation Recorded in an upper Paleozoic Cyclothem of the Midcontinent, USA. Please join us via Zoom next Wednesday: https://csub.zoom.us/j/98967782285
- Thursday Sept 23 at 5:30 PM: Dr. Matt Herman of CSUB Geology will be featured in Buena Vista Museum of Natural History & Science ‘Meet the Expert’ series discussing earthquakes and plate tectonics via zoom: https://news.csub.edu/csub-geologist-to-talk-earthquakes-for-museum-event [news.csub.edu], You need to register ahead of time for the Museum talk at: https://www.buenavistamuseum.org/events [buenavistamuseum.org]
The PSAAPG Virtual Convention will be held June 21-24, 2021!
• A virtual field trip lead by Dr. Richard Behl of CSU Long Beach on the evening of June 21
• Three technical sessions scheduled for the mornings of June 22, 23 and 24
• Bob Lindblom’s annual Honors and Awards session on the evening of June 23
The technical sessions include:
• A Regulatory and Environmental Geology session, including a panel discussion with the State Geologist Dr Steven Bohlen and William Bartling, recently retired CalGEM Chief Deputy, on the
future of petroleum geologists in California, plus a lecture on the use of the role of stratigraphy in the environmental industry by Rick Cramer, and additional technical presentations.
• A Monterey session with a lecture on age control in the Monterey and its relationship to climate change, plus several technical presentation including updates on the latest Monterey research
• A geochemistry session with Allegra Hosford Scheirer on the use of machine learning to enhance the understanding of petroleum systems, plus several technical presentations focusing on the coastal basins of California
Check the convention website for registration information